Yeah, it' s true. Although many people don't have a blue-ray player, Hitachi wants to be the first who will offer you a possibility to save your movies on a BD. Of course that will happen at the end of the year but it was interesting to see beautiful mock-ups of a camcorder-to-be.
Hitachi's new 8cm BD/DVD drive is bundled with 5.3 megapixel CMOS sensor capable of recording full HD resolution (1,920 x 1,080) which is good because it will force you to buy new Hitachi full HD TV set.
Capacity of the 8 cm BD-RE/R media will be up to 7 GB MPEG-4 or AVC/H.264 video. On a "smaller" DVD disk you will be able to put about 5 time less of your moving pictures. Stay tuned because we shall have some exclusive photos soon to show.
all around gadgets Headline Animator
Friday, July 20, 2007
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Bunch at iPhone Dev Wiki a step closer to fully unlock Jobs' latest gadget. They did it using iASign app and from now on you can us any Cingular, MVNA or AT&T prepaid sim in iPhone. No two-year contract obligation.
This is their latest progress report:
We wanted to get some confirmations before announcing it, but it seems nearly impossible to find people to try what we wanted to try.
So, as many people already noticed, using iASign, you'll be able to activate existing AT&T and Cingular Sims without signing a new contract. We think it should work with virtual AT&T operators as well (i.e. the ones using the same network code), but we couldn't find someone to actually confirm it yet. You can get a list of those virtual operators at http://www.prepaidgsm.net/en/usa.html. Please note that TracFone and Net10 won't work due to some technical details. If anyone could try it out on one of those prepaid cards, that would be great.
By the way, for those of you looking for this "DeviceID", on a Mac (so on _your computer_) it's the name of the .plist file in ~/Library/lockdown. We'll probably release a more automated tool later, once we find some time for those tasks.
As a side note, we'd like to clarify that we are not even close on giving up the full unlocking, as reported on some websites. We're still up and running, but we won't comment on a possible time line. If the unlocking is possible we'll eventually find it, so stay tuned.If you think you can help tune in #iPhone IRC channel.
Monday, July 16, 2007
All of us folks who are lucky enough to already have an iPhone know how much fun they can be just to play around with. Playing with my iPhone a lot myself, I have discovered some cool tips and tricks that you may find useful.
1. If you tap once at the very top of the screen when you are on the internet, it will take you back to the top of the window rather than having to scroll all the way back up. A nice time saving feature.
2. If you set the font to the smallest size, you can read more in the internet window. An advantage of this is that when you want to click a link, you can pinch (expand) that area and the link will come up very large, making it much easier to click.
3. Rather than posting the full address of internet sites in bookmarks, you can post the equivalent RSS address instead into Apple's RSS reader and save that as your bookmark. This way you can quickly see if there's anything interesting on your favorite site rather than downloading the whole homepage.
4. If you are writing something and the iPhone flags a word as misspelled that you know is not misspelled, cancel the correction 3 times and the word will be put into the dictionary. If you write a lot, this feature is quite useful!
5. The magnifying glass is a nice iPhone tool when you are typing an email or any other text. If you tap once and hold, a magnifying glass will pop up showing you a zoomed in view of your words and cursor. You can now easily place the cursor wherever you want. This makes editing your writing very easy.
6. You can move icons around, but not on the home screen. You have to go to the ipod section. Go to iPod > More > Edit. Now you can drag your icons all around. This can also be done in the phone section.
7. To reset your iphone, hold down the right button and the "home" front button for about 6 seconds. To power it back on, push the top button. This is different than a regular shutdown, which can be done easily by holding the sleep/wake button for 6 seconds.
8. If you get a lot of spam e-mail or other unwanted e-mail, pay attention to this time saving feature. Add a link to Yahoo mail in Safari bookmarks. From there you can check 'delete all' to remove all unwanted e-mails. This is much easier than deleting hundreds of spam e-mails one at a time.
I hope you found these iphone tips helpful. If you have an iPhone and have been wondering how best to fill it up with music and movies, check out Top iPhone Downloads for the latest reviews of iPhone download sites.
About The AuthorCJ Prato
I hope you found this information useful. If you are wondering how to best fill up your iPhone with the latest music and movies, check out http://www.topiphonedownloads.com for the latest iPhone download reviews.
This article may be reprinted or used as part of a news letter as long as it stays intact, including the author's signature.
Posted by I. M. at 2:42 PM